Every academic session the college has witnessed students being admitted from financially weak backgrounds. Some of the meritorious students even fail to pursue their further studies due to financial hardship. Realizing such condition, the college has amended to address it continuously and accordingly, the College has maintained an active Students’ Welfare Fund which is solely designed to provide financial assistance to the differently abled economically weaker, and meritorious deserving students to help pursue their studies in the College.
Purpose of the Fund:
- To render financial aid to the poor and meritorious students in order to meet their expenses towards admission fees.
- To felicitate and give financial aid to students for outstanding performance in academic field, sports , Cultural Activities, N.S.S., etc.
- To provide entrepreneurship development training programs for selected students.
- Financial assistance under emergency medical assistance scheme.
- Financial assistance for supporting education to students belonging to economically weaker section
Procedures for availing Financial assistance:
1. Students seeking to avail financial assistance from Students’ Welfare Fund of the college will have to submit their applications to the Co-ordinator of Students’ Welfare Cell through proper recommendation from Bengtol College Students’ Union Body.
2. Along with their applications, students need to furnish related documents like BPL Card, Ration Card and Income Certificate to the Cell.
3. The Students’ Welfare Cell would meet to consider the formal approval of the financial assistance.
4. Amount of financial assistance will be solely decided and finalized by the committee provided with final approval of Principal/IQAC.
General Rules to students:
- Not more than one application for financial assistance will be entertained from the same student during his/her entire semesters.
- The fund shall be utilized for giving financial assistance only to the regular students of the college.
- Preference will be given to meritorious students.
- Maximum number of awardees will not exceed 5 (ST-3, SC-1, OBC/MOBC-1) in an academic session.
- Misuse of the facilities and Fund given to the Student will be liable to severe disciplinary action.
- Beneficiary will be decided by the Students’ Welfare Cell through the final approval from IQAC.