Bengtol College has secured and well-equipped in-campus hostel for both Boys and Girls. Hostel affairs are co-ordinated under the guidance and supervision of the resident warden and Hostel Maintenance Cell of the college.
Birgwsri Girls’ Hostel
Birgwsri Girls’ Hostel of the college was established in the year 2011. This Hostel is a four-storied RCC building with intake capacity of 90 boarders. The Hostel is equipped with basic facilities like running water, solar light facility, hostel library, free internet service, sports facility etc. It provides a safe and secured environment to the boarders. The hostel is supervised by the superintendent, warden and care takers. Hostel seats are allotted primarily to Undergraduate and Postgraduate candidates. Preference is given to outstation candidates.
Bodofa UN Brahma Boys’ Hostel
The Boys’ Hostel is named as “Bodofa UN Brahma Boys’ Hostel” established in 2019. As of now, the hostel can accommodate 25 boarders. The hostel is equipped with the necessary facilities and secured academic environment for the boarders.
Rules and Regulations of the Hostel (Both for Girls & Boys)
1. Attendance register is strictly maintained for the boarders.
2. Boarders are not allowed to go out without prior permission from the warden.
3. Parents/guardians are allowed to meet the boarder twice a week i.e. on Thursday and Sunday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
4. Ragging is strictly prohibited in and outside the hostel.
5. Boarders are not allowed for re-admission to the hostel once they fail the end-semester examination. 6. Hostel Mess will be maintained by the boarders themselves.
7. Apart from Warden and Care Takers, Hostel Prefect is responsible in maintaining rules and discipline in the hostel.
8. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited within the restricted hours in the hostel.
9. Any boarder found involved in anti-hostel activities will be expelled from the hostel or may be imposed penalty.
10. Violation of rules and regulations by inviting guests to the Hostel without valid permission and making casteist and racist remarks upon fellow boarders will automatically cancel the Hostel admission.
11. All Boarders need to vacate the Hostel within seven days of their last University/ College examination.
Admission Procedure for Hostel
- Admission to the College hostel is provided to Under Graduate and postgraduate Students.
- Admission to the College hostel is subject to the applicant’s standing on the merit list and the availability of seats in the hostel.
- Duly filled-in Hostel Admission Form should be submitted in the College office along with the Admission Form and Anti-ragging affidavit.
- Once admission to the hostel is confirmed, the applicant must deposit the hostel fee in the office.
- Failing to take Hostel admission on a given date shall automatically transfer the seat to waiting list candidates.
- Fees once deposited shall not be refundable.
- Two recent passport-size, colour photographs are to be attached along with the Hostel Admission Form.
Eligibility Criteria and Allocation of Seats
- Admission to the Hostel is scrutinized strictly on a merit basis.
- Furnishing Residency proof is mandatory.
- Reservation of seats for various categories shall be strictly followed.
- Applicants under sports quota must furnish relevant certificates issued by the competent authority.
- The decision of the Hostel Admission Committee shall be final in all matters.
N.B.: The list of selected applicants for admission into the hostel will be published on the College website and College Notice Board. No individual communication will be entertained in this regard.